Setting up an aggressive linking strategy may not seem like a very cutting-edge way to drive traffic to your site, but it remains one of the best ways to increase your visitor count.
Links act as the online equivalent of a word-of-mouth referral, meaning that people who see your it at a site they know and trust will be compelled to visit your site. And this is exactly what a business wants for its website.
Search engines used to place a high value on an incoming link’s anchor text (the linked text that actually appears on the web page). Although this is not the case anymore, the anchor text in your incoming links can still help your website’s search engine rankings.
Reciprocal links or exchanges is the process where two webmasters agree to show the others on their website. After link building it when the number of sites which one to a particular site is known as link popularity which helps in the search engine ranking of a website.
There are many advantages of link building.
1. Building links helps in getting quality traffic from relevant sites which increases sales.
2. Also when there will be high quality incoming links the site will also be seen as a valuable resource.
3. It also helps in creating awareness, visibility and credibility of your site.
4. The site also obtains wider search engine exposure.
5. It also helps the website get indexed by search engines.
Today links have become important for all websites and they are worth the money. In fact, there are several companies dedicated to selling it (as opposed to companies that you can pay to do link building for you).